Page 9 of 14
The 1st goal is always to REDUCE trash.
The 2nd goal is to REUSE & REPAIR materials (shoe cobbler, etc...)
The 3rd goal is to RECYCLE all acceptable materials in the curbside recycling program.
Also, to divert other recyclable materials such as books, textiles, rigid plastics, & scrap metals to the compost site where there are recycling drop off dumpsters.
Norwood's trash is sent to an incinerator. Reducing trash means decreasing air pollution, and greenhouse gases and protecting natural resources as well as saving you taxpayer money! Reducing trash is always the primary goal.
Click How to Make Less Waste.
Reducing trash involves:
1. Full participation in the single stream recycling program. Please KNOW what is acceptable and make every effort to divert ALL acceptable curbside recyclables to the recycling cart. Tossing acceptable recyclables in the trash is like tossing our natural resources in the trash!
PLEASE NOTE: 2nd recycling carts are available to residents at no charge! Call Town Hall 781.762.1240 and speak with Dorothy.
2. Composting organic food scraps... more information to come
3. Collecting, diverting and dropping off rigid plastics, books, textiles, scrapÂÂ at the Winter Street Compost Site in the designated roll offs.
5. Post it on FaceBook yard sale page
6. Donate it to the Women's Community Thrift Store in So Norwood, or Savers on Rt 1 in Norwood.
7. Knowing where other materials can be diverted is key in reducing trash.
PLASTIC BAGS - clean & dry without receipts inside can be returned to the grocery store
RIGID PLASTICS- can be dropped off at compost site
BOOKS - can be dropped off at compost site
SCRAPS METALS - can be dropped off at compost site
MEDICATIONS & PET MEDICATIONS -can be dropped off at the kiosk at the Norwood Police
VHS TAPES (Disney tapes and other children's stories) can be donated to Saver's Rt 1, Norwood MA
CD's, DVD's and their plastic cases can be dropped off at Best Buy in the kiosk in their lobby.
Read more at the CD Recycling web site .
ELECTRONICS - can be dropped off at Best Buy
Have something not listed above and want to divert it from the trash for reuse or recycling, go to
www.earth911.org. Simply type in what you have, tab it over and type in your zip code.
Norwood's recyclables are taken to the Single Stream Recycling Facility in Avon Ma. To watch watch happens to the recyclables once they are arrive at the facility, watch How are recyclables sorted at the recycling facility?
Norwood's recyclables are taken to the Avon Single Stream Recycling facility. The picture to the right shows baled materials ready to be shipped to vendors who need the materials to sustain their business. Please do not throw recyclables in the trash.
American businesses need our non contaminated recyclables!
Last Updated on Monday, 12 January 2015 08:24
|Mon, Feb 2nd, 2015, @3:00pm - 04:00PM|
Board of Assessors Meeting
|Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015, @9:00am - 10:00AM|
Blood Pressure Clinic
|Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
Board of Selectmen's Meeting
|Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015, @7:15pm - 08:15PM|
Zoning Board of Appeal Meeting
|Wed, Feb 4th, 2015, @1:00pm - 03:00PM|
Blood Pressure Clinic