Page 5 of 5
The 1st goal is always to trash.
The 2nd goal is to REUSE materials.
The 3rd goal is to RECYCLE all acceptable materials in the curbside recycling program.
Norwood's trash is sent to an incinerator. Reducing trash means decreasing air pollution, and greenhouse gases and protecting natural resources as well as saving you taxpayer money! Reducing trash is always the primary goal.
Click How to Make Less Waste.
Reducing trash involves:
1. Full participation in the single stream recycling program. Please KNOW what is acceptable and make every effort to divert ALL acceptable curbside recyclables to the recycling cart. Tossing acceptable recyclables in the trash is like tossing our natural resources in the trash!
PLEASE NOTE: 2nd recycling carts are available to residents at no charge! Call Town Hall 781.762.1240 and speak with Dorothy.
2. Composting organic food scraps... more information to come
3. Collecting, diverting and dropping off rigid plastics, books, textiles, scrap metals at the Winter Street Compost Site in the designated roll offs.
5. Post it on FaceBook yard sale page
6. Sell it on Ebay, or Craigslist or have a yard sale.
7. Donate it to the Women's Community Thrift Store in So Norwood, or Savers on Rt 1 in Norwood.
8. Knowing where other materials can be diverted is key in reducing trash.
PLASTIC BAGS - clean & dry without receipts inside can be returned to the grocery store
RIGID PLASTICS- can be dropped off at compost site
BOOKS - can be dropped off at compost site
SCRAPS METALS - can be dropped off at compost site
MEDICATIONS & PET MEDICATIONS -can be dropped off at the kiosk at the Norwood Police
ELECTRONICS - can be dropped off at Best Buy
If you have any questions re how to reduce trash,
please call 781 255 9988 between 9:00am -12:00pm noon.
Norwood's recyclables are taken to the Single Stream Recycling Facility in Avon Ma. To watch watch happens to the recyclables once they are arrive at the facility, watch How are recyclables sorted at the recycling facility?
Last Updated on Thursday, 30 October 2014 13:32
|Thu, Oct 30th, 2014, @9:00am - 10:00AM|
Board of Health Meeting
|Thu, Oct 30th, 2014, @5:00pm - 06:00PM|
1.5% Task Force Meeting
|Thu, Oct 30th, 2014, @7:30pm - 08:30PM|
Permanent Building Construction Committee Meeting
|Tue, Nov 4th, 2014, @9:00am - 10:00AM|
Blood Pressure Clinic
|Tue, Nov 4th, 2014, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
Board of Selectmen's Meeting