Human Resources Generalist
Title: Human Resources Generalist – Requisition 2022-047
Department: Human Resources Department
Status: FLSA Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week, non-union position
Salary: Grade N08 $2,388.34 - $2,531.75 paid biweekly (salary range exceed hiring range). Excellent Benefits, A 5% stipend will be added for applicants with a masters degree in a related field.
General Summary: The purpose of this position is to perform highly responsible administrative and professional work of a complex, difficult and confidential nature for the Human Resources Department with a specific focus on managing the Norwood Public Schools human resources needs. This position supports all functions of the Human Resources with state, federal, and local personnel laws and regulations, recruitment, benefit administration, employee relations, labor relations and any other task as determined by the Director of Human Resources. The HR Generalist will be exposed to all aspects of Human Resources, but may be assigned to specific functional areas of the organization or department, as determined by the Director of Human Resources. This position requires a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and superior customer service skills. All other work as assigned and directed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs a combination of administrative, professional and analytical work of a responsible nature. Serves as the initial contact for the School Department with regards to Human Resources.
- Responsible for a variety of reporting requirements for the Norwood Public Schools including maintaining data systems.
- May be assigned to a functional area of Human Resources such as, recruitment, leave administration, employee wellness and training, policy development, compliance and implementation, employment compliance and auditing, and bill paying, etc.
- Coordinates the hiring process in accordance with Town and School policy and any applicable regulation or contract requirement, including recruitment and hiring activities.
- Attends department staff meetings and other meetings of boards and committees, as required. Assists in the regular audit and compliance of state and federal employment laws.
- Prepares and copies orientation materials for new employee orientation. Conducts new employee orientations.
- Assists with the maintenance and administration of the workers compensation program, safety and training programs and initiatives, collective bargaining, EAP, benefit administration, and other departmental responsibilities. Coordinates with other staff to develop and implement an Employee Wellness and Training Program.
- May be required to assist in internal investigations, FMLA and other leave administration and attendance monitoring and maintenance.
- When assigned, may be responsible to act as liaison to the Group Insurance Commission and/or other benefit providers to ensure proper enrollment of employees, maintenance of records, benefit open enrollment activities, training and education and other benefit administration matters as needed. Will be cross trained in all aspects of the Human Resources Department in order to assist in the maintenance of continuous service.
- Will split time between Human Resources Office and School Administration Building.
- May be required to attend special meetings and work on special projects; performs similar or related work as required and directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Human Resources, or related area. Certification with the Society for Human Resources Management is highly desirable.
- Three to five years of experience in human resources or related field, municipal experience desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to maintain high level confidentiality and professionalism.
Please reference Requisition #2022-047 on all materials:
Deadline for Applying : Oct 14, 2022