Group Fitness Instructor - (2019-021)
Title: Group Exercise Instructor (Requisition #2019-021)
Department: Recreation Department
Location: Norwood Civic Center, 165 Nahant Street, Norwood MA
Hours: Part-Time, 10-15 hours per week
Salary: $20.00- $40.00 /hour, non-benefited position
The Norwood Recreation Department is seeking a part-time Group Exercise Instructor to facilitate and provide quality fitness classes to the patrons of the Norwood Civic Center. He/she may also be scheduled to work at other areas within town for the Recreation Department if appropriate. This position is under the direction of the Recreation Superintendent and Recreation Program Director.
- Guide and facilitate group exercise classes with the utmost safety, professionalism and responsibility.
- Must be able to model proper form, by participating and leading fitness classes.
- Exercise good judgement and competence in meeting the goals, objective, needs and interests of the Norwood Recreation Department, class as a while and the individual participants.
- Plan, organize and deliver weekly lesson plans for safety skills and evaluation of class.
- Adapt and tailor classes for wide variety of levels and abilities.
- Able to re-evaluate and adjust class curriculum if needed
- Use courteous and professional manger in answering and responding to program inquiries
- 3+ years of work experience needed, must be 18 years of age.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR with AED preferred, but willing to train
- Group Exercise Certificate
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Estimated start date in September
The Town of Norwood is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual preference or any other legally protected status. Posted Thursday, August 25, 2019.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled