Road Defects & Claims for Damage

Pursuant to the Massachusetts General Laws, Part I, Title XIV, Chapter 84, the Town of Norwood has a reasonable opportunity to fix potholes, trenches, road hazards, etc. once it is reported to the Public Works Department.  Prior to the report, the Town is not liable to reimburse costs for damage to vehicles, people or property damaged by an unreported road defect.  The Public Works Department makes every effort to find these road defects before they cause damage, but potholes can "bloom" overnight, especially during the early winter and early spring.

Please contact the Public Works Department at 781-762-1413 to report any road defect.

If you have experienced damage to your vehicle relating to a road defect and wish to file a claim, please complete the Notice of Vehicle or Property Damage in its entirety, and return it to the General Manager's Office at Town Hall.  Please be sure to include pictures of the damage and an estimate or invoice for the repairs. You may also email the information to pci@norwoodma.govIf you have any questions about the claim process, contact Lisa O'Leary at 781-762-1240, extension 6003.