Retirement Board Public Records Request

Public Records Requests

The Massachusetts Public Records Law provides a means for access to public documents and other information. In the absence of an extension of time from the Secretary of State, the Norwood Retirement Board (The Board) must produce copies of records, allow for inspection of the records, or notification of a denial within 10 business days. You may request documents through the Records Access Officer (s), Debra Wilkes or John Shea to assist in obtaining the documents.  You may submit your request via e-mail, U.S. mail or in person at the  Retirement Office, 3rd Floor,  Town Hall, 566 Washington Street. 

How to Submit a Request
To submit your request via e-mail send your request to

To submit your request via U. S. mail please your request to:
    Norwood Retirement Office
Norwood Town Hall
566 Washington Street
    Norwood, MA  02062

When making your request, please remember:

  • Be as specific as possible about the documents you are seeking.
  • Give a start date and end date for your search.
  • All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made.
  • The Norwood Retirement Board may charge a reasonable fee in some cases.

The Board may charge fees as follows:

  • If a request will take more than two (2) hours, the Board may charge a reasonable fee, up to $25 per hour (in excess of the initial 2 hours) to collect, segregate and redact the documents, if necessary.
  • The Board is permitted to charge $.05 per copy, or for the cost of a portable storage device.
  • The Board will require payment before fulfilling a request.