Recreational Camps for Children

The Health Department regulates all recreational camps in Norwood. The purpose is to ensure minimum housing, health, safety, and sanitary protection for children in the care of recreational camps operating in the Town of Norwood.  All agencies that want to provide recreational camps for children must be inspected and licensed by the Norwood Health Department. Inspections involve a thorough site visit as well as a full review of camp policies and procedures, health records of staff and campers, and staff criminal offender record information (CORI) checks.

Promulgated 03/28/2018, the Minimum Standards for Recreational Camps for Children (105 CMR 430.000) may be viewed here.

Applications must be submitted online here and the $100 fee is payable with a credit card or electronic check.  Alternately, the fee may be paid by mailing a check made out to 'Town of Norwood' with 'Recreational Camp' written in the memo to: Health Department, 566 Washington St, Norwood, MA 02062

Questions about the licensing process, camp regulations, or complaints should be directed to the Public Health Nursing office by email or calling (781) 384-9195.

Resources for the Parents of Campers
Frequently Asked Questions about Recreational Camps
Meningococcal Disease and Camp Attendees Statement
Preventing Mosquito Bites
Preventing Tick Bites

Resources for Camp Operators
Background Check Requirements for Staff
Criminal Offender Record Information
Camper Injury Report
Guidance on Medication Storage & Administration
Operator Checklist
Parent Authorization for Medication Administration
Required Contents for Class A & B First Aid Kits
Required Immunizations for Camp Children & Staff
Sexual Offender Record Information
Standards for Health Care Supervisor Training
Sample Daily Log for Medication Administration
Sample Healthcare Consultant Acknowledgement of Onsite Medication
Sample Healthcare Consultant Agreement