Wildlife Information

The Animal Control Department will provide information and assistance to residents with regard to wildlife situations, within the guidelines of State and Local laws.

Animal Control Officers may only legally handle wildlife when the animals are sick or injured or present a threat to public health or safety.  If you have an issue with sick or injured wildlife, please call Animal Control immediately.

If your wildlife issue is a nuisance animal, there are Wildlife Fact Sheets below that may help solve the problem.  The Animal Control Officer may have additional advice to offer; however, Massachusetts law prohibits the capture and re-location of wildlife.

Prevent conflicts with coyotes
Moving Wildlife
Wildlife Fact Sheets

Energy and Environmental Affairs  

Hen turkey sitting on her clutch of eggs at the front entrance to a house in local neighborhood:

 Turkey Nesting 2019bTurkey Nesting 2019c