Cable Commission Recording Secretary
Description : Title: Cable Commission Recording Secretary
Hours: One (1) meeting per month; Meeting is typically held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month
Salary: $19.25-23.25/hr based on experience, non-union, no benefits
General Summary: The Town of Norwood Cable Commission is seeking an experienced Recording Secretary to provide
clerical and stenographer services on an intermittent basis. This position reports to the Cable Commissioner.
▪ Attend Cable Commission meetings and take/transcribe minutes. Meetings are scheduled for
the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
▪ Meetings usually last 1 - 3 hours. The position is responsible for transcribing minutes of the
meetings which may take an additional 2-3 hours per month.
▪ The position is also responsible for posting the meetings in accordance with the Massachusetts
Open Meeting Law, setting up the virtual meeting via Go To Meeting, and emailing members
of the Cable Commission the meeting materials.
▪ This position requires a High School diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years of
experience as an administrative assistant or related position.
▪ Excellent note taking and transcribing skills; Strong organizational skills
▪ Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
▪ Attention to detail and the ability to be flexible; Ability to maintain confidential information.;
Ability to communicate effectively.
▪ General knowledge of local government operations helpful.
Job Training Provided!
The Town of Norwood is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V and does not discriminate based on race, creed, gender,
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled