TEMPORARY: Human Resources Generalist
General Summary: The purpose of this position is to perform highly responsible administrative and professional work of a complex, difficult and confidential nature for the Town of Norwood Human Resources Department. This position supports all functions of the Human Resources Department with state, federal, and local personnel laws and regulations, recruitment, benefit administration, employee relations, labor relations and any other task as determined by the Director. The HR Generalist will be exposed to all aspects of the Human Resources Department, but may be assigned to specific functional areas of the organization or department, as determined by the Director of Human Resources. This position requires a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and superior customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions:*
- Performs a combination of administrative, professional and analytical work of a responsible nature. Serves as the initial contact for the Human Resources Department.
- May be assigned to a functional area of the Human Resources Department such as benefit administration, recruitment, leave administration, employee wellness and training, policy development, compliance and implementation, auditing, budget administration and bill paying, etc.
- Prepares periodic reports and analysis of personnel data, such as salary, benefits, budgetary costs related to personnel and training, collective bargaining research and cost analysis, compliance and auditing, etc.
- Conducts research and analysis related to collective bargaining, compensation, classification and benefit administration. Assists with cost analysis during the collective bargaining process. Researches and assists in the development, enforcement and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Assists in the regular audit and compliance of state and federal employment laws.
- Assists with recruitment and hiring activities.
- Assists with the maintenance and administration of the workers compensation program, safety and training programs and initiatives, collective bargaining, EAP, civil service, benefit administration, paid leave time audits, wellness initiatives, payroll, and other departmental responsibilities.
- Will be cross trained in all aspects of the Human Resources Department in order to assist in the maintenance of continuous service.
- Performs similar or related work as required and directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Human Resources, or related area.
- Three to five years of experience in human resources or related field, municipal experience desirable; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to maintain high level confidentiality and professionalism.
*This posting is not meant to be inclusive of all job duties or qualification requirements. Complete job description is available by emailing the contact below.
Interested Town of Norwood employee candidates, meeting the qualifications and expectations as noted above, should submit a cover letter and resume to the email address listed below no later than Friday, December 27, 2019 at 4:00PM.
Please reference Requisition #2019-026 on all materials:
Human Resources Director
Deadline for Applying : Dec 27, 2019