Page 10 of 23
Trash and Recycling Curbside Compliance
The Town of Norwood strives to be in compliance with the State Department of Environmental Protection's State Waste Bans. Read Fact Sheet: Your Municipality and State Waste Ban Compliance for more information. Also, read State Waste Bans fr DEP 2013 to learn what materials MUST NOT go in the trash.
In addition to complying with State Waste Bans, Norwood residents must abide by the town's curbside program compliance, which is:
* Carts are curbside no later than 7am on your scheduled trash day.
* Cart lids are closed.
* Leave nothing on top of the cart or on the ground.
* Carts are spaced 4feet apart & are not blocked by anything.
* Carts are returned to your property by the end of the day.
* Carts are to stay on the property they were assigned.
* Comply with DEP Waste Bans as well as the town's trash and recycling program guidelines.
*DO NOT contaminate the recycling cart with trash, plastic bags, Styrofoam, electronics, mercury products & yard waste.
Waste Management drivers are required to sticker carts in question, and call in noncompliant properties on a daily basis. Non compliance letters are sent out by DPW to residential property owners who are in non compliance with the town's trash and recycling contract as well as in violation of DEP's State Waste Bans. Chronic non compliance can result in carts being removed from your property.
Last Updated on Friday, 19 September 2014 11:46
|Mon, Sep 22nd, 2014, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
School Committee Meeting
|Tue, Sep 23rd, 2014, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
Board of Selectmen's Meeting
|Tue, Sep 23rd, 2014, @7:15pm - 08:15PM|
Zoning Board of Appeal Meeting
|Thu, Sep 25th, 2014, @7:30pm - 08:30PM|
Permanent Building Construction Committee Meeting