Page 4 of 22
The trash and recycling program in Norwood is designed by cart size to reduce trash (64g cart) and increase recycling (96g cart.) The trash program is is for HOUSEHOLD trash only. Trash should be placed in plastic bags and placed inside the trash cart. Cart lids should be able to close. Do not leave trash on top of cart lid or on the ground. It's all about reducing trash, finding reusable uses for materials and then recycling "curbside" recyclables. Your compliance is very much needed.
If you have an item to big for the trash cart, and it is in reasonable shape, you can:
1. Give it away for free at www.freecycle.org.
2. Sell it on Ebay, Craigslist or have a yard sale.
3. Donate it to Salvation Army or Savers both on Rt 1 in Norwood.
4. Pay $25 for a curbside pick up.
5. Drop it off at the compost site. Permit required. Call DPW at 781 762 1413.
6. Call the Recycling Coordinator at 781 255 9988; Monday-Friday, 9am -12noon. Or send an email to
for reuse alternatives.
Household Hazardous Waste Day sponsored by Board of Health is Saturday, May 10, 2014.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 April 2014 17:33
|Thu, Apr 24th, 2014, @10:00am - 11:00AM|
Blood Pressure Clinic
|Thu, Apr 24th, 2014, @7:30pm - 08:30PM|
CANCELLED-Permanent Bldg Const. Comm. Meeting-CANCELLED
|Mon, Apr 28th, 2014, @9:00am - 10:00AM|
Board of Health Meeting
|Tue, Apr 29th, 2014, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
Cancelled - Selectmen's Meeting - Cancelled
|Wed, Apr 30th, 2014, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
School Committee Public Budget Hearing/Meeting