Page 3 of 14
Curbside Collection Program Guidelines
1. Only approved WM carts issued by the town will be serviced. Carts must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on your scheduled pick up day. Carts must also be returned to your property the same day by 9:00 pm.
2. Carts must be placed at the edge of the roadway with wheels facing away from the street. Please follow the 3 foot rule when placing your carts curbside. Carts need to be three feet away from everything. It is your responsibility to space the carts correctly.
3. All trash must be bagged and contained in the cart issued by the town. Do not leave trash on top of the cart lid or on the curb. Cart lid should be able to close. Overloaded trash carts will be stickered and called in. If non compliance continues, overloaded trash carts will not be serviced. The 64 gallon trash cart is for residential trash only. Mixed use properties must hire a private hauler for the business/commercial side of the property.
4. NO CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS from any type of renovation project is allowed in the trash or recycling carts.Go to THEBAGSTER.COM or call 1.877.789.2247.
5. NO YARD DEBRIS, FLOWERS, ORGANIC DEBRIS in trash or recycle carts. Residents can either bag organic yard debris in lawn brown leaf bags for curbside pick up (April though November) or drop off at Winter Street Compost Site. Permit needed. Call DPW at 781.762.1413 for more information.
6. Recyclables are collected every other week on your regular collection day. Place ONLY the following materials in the 96 g yellow lid recycling cart:
papers - click to view the complete list of recyclables papers
plastic containers - empty and clean. No plastic bags.
glass containers - empty and clean
tin or aluminum containers- empty and clean
7. Property owners are responsible for program compliance. Property owners of multi families are responsible for their tenants compliance.
8. 2nd recycling carts are available to residents at no charge. Please call town hall at 781.762.1240 for more information.
9. Problem with your cart? Should a problem occur (broken wheel, lid broke) please call Waste Management at 800.972.4545 to request a cart repair or cart replacement.
10. Bulk Items-there is a $25 charge for bulky items to be picked up curbside.
Your recycling efforts and program compliance is very much appreciated. Thank you!
REDUCE. REUSE. then RECYCLE. COMPOST.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 March 2015 11:26
|Tue, Mar 31st, 2015, @7:00pm - 08:00PM|
Board of Selectmen's Meeting
|Wed, Apr 1st, 2015, @1:00pm - 03:00PM|
Blood Pressure Clinic
|Wed, Apr 1st, 2015, @5:30pm - 06:30PM|
Finance Commission Meeting
|Thu, Apr 2nd, 2015, @8:00am - 09:00AM|
Skating Rink Committee Meeting
|Thu, Apr 2nd, 2015, @1:00pm - 02:00PM|
Council on Aging Meeting