Page 2 of 17
Per State Waste Ban Regulations 310 CMR the following materials are
BANNED from the trash:
1. Papers, click Recyclable papers list - click Where does this go?
2. Cardboard (clean) click Where does this go?
3. Glass containers - click Where does this go?
4. Tin/metal containers (empty aerosol cans) click Where does this go?
5. Plastic containers only # 1-7 click Where does this go?
6. Leaves, grass & other yard debris
7. Scrap metals
8. TV's. computer monitors, laptops
9. White goods
10. Whole Tires
11. Lead acid batteries
12. Mercury- fluorescent bulbs, button cell batteries, etc...
13. Wood & Construction debris
14. Asphalt, brick & concrete (click text to bring you to the page)
The materials listed above MUST be diverted from the trash and properly recycled.
The CURBSIDE recycling program collects plastic containers #1, # 2, #3 & #4 from the above list. NO STYROFOAM please. Norwood DPW collects and recycles Styrofoam twice a year.
Norwood residents can drop off #6 and #7 as well as #1 #2, #3, #4, & #5
at the Winter Street Compost Site. Call DPW at 781.762.1413 for more info.
Best Buy will accept # 8 and #9 . Best Buy will also accept electronics, cable wires, CD's,DVD's, plastic jewels cases, inkjet cartridges and so much more at no charge.
The Health Department hosts the Bi Annual Recycle Days and schedule vendors to accept #9 (freon appliances), #10, #11 and #12.
Go to Recyclo-pedia to find local drop off sites for ALL other materials.
To read more re State Waste Bans, click MA State Disposal Bans and Municipalities and Waste Ban Compliance Fact Sheet .
Please note: The Town of Norwood is required by law to comply with State Waste Bans. If your carts are noted as being in non-compliance, you will receive an informational non compliance letter from DPW. Please read. Your cooperation with the trash and recycling program rules is appreciated. However, if chronic non compliance becomes an issue, the town reserves the right to refuse trash and recycling services and remove carts from your property.
Last Updated on Thursday, 02 May 2013 08:44
|Tue, May 21st, 2013, @11:00am - 12:00PM|
Board of Assessors Meeting
|Tue, May 21st, 2013, @7:00pm - 09:00PM|
|Tue, May 21st, 2013, @7:15pm - 08:15PM|
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
|Wed, May 22nd, 2013, @7:00pm - 10:00PM|
PB Monthly Regular Meeting
|Wed, May 22nd, 2013, @7:30pm - 08:30PM|
Permanent Building Construction Committee Meeting