Regulations for use of the Town Common
USE OF NORWOOD TOWN COMMON & The Walter J. Dempsey Memorial Bandstand
3. A letter of approval or disapproval shall be sent to the person making the request by the Board of Selectmen.
GENERAL POLICY & GUIDELINES
1. Use of the Common and Bandstand should be restricted to Norwood non-profit groups, organizations and individuals, as well as Town sponsored events.
2. The Common and Bandstand may be used for passive activities and events such as art shows, political events, celebrations and concerts, but not for active programs such as sports, games, carnivals, etc.
3. Bands scheduled for concerts must be approved by the Board of Selectmen. Concerts should not be publicized outside of the Town of Norwood, unless with the specific permission of the Board of Selectmen
4. No vehicles shall drive or park upon the Common unless specifically authorized by the Town.
5. No heavy equipment of any type which could cause damage to the grass or walkways shall be placed upon the Common.
6. No bicycles, roller-skates, skateboards or rollerblades are allowed on the Bandstand.
7. The Police Department shall be the enforcement agency for any and all portions of this General Policy & Guidelines.
8. Care must be taken to prevent damage to the Bandstand, trees, shrubs, flower beds and grass.
9. No alcoholic beverages shall be permitted on the Common.
10. After the event, the sponsoring group must clean up the Common and Bandstand and leave it in substantially the same condition that it was in before the event. The clean-up must be accomplished on the same day as the event. All rubbish must be removed by the sponsor.
11. At the discretion of the Board of Selectmen, a police officer (or police officers) may be required to be present at the event, to be paid for by the applicant.
12. The amplification of sound may be restricted by the Board of Selectmen, and the authority to restrict the level of amplitude may be made without prior notice by a police officer during an event.
13. No person or applicant upon receiving a permit to conduct an event shall refuse to obey or neglect to obey any reasonable direction of the Superintendent of the Department of Public Works or a Police Officer.
14. All situations not defined in this policy, or requests for exception to this policy, must be ruled upon by the Board of Selectmen.
15. Public or private events on the Common and on the Bandstand shall be limited to the following hours, unless specified by the Board of Selectmen. No persons shall stand or loiter on the Common or the Bandstand after 10:00 P.M.
Hours: Monday - Saturday 8:00 -10:00 PM
Sunday 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM
16. The Board of Selectmen, at its discretion reserves the right to charge a fee for use of the Common and/or Bandstand.
17. The Board of Selectmen at their discretion may require a bond and/or liability insurance policy to protect the interests of the Town of Norwood.
18. The Town, its agents, servants and employees shall be held free and clear of any and all liability and the person(s) and/or entity(ies) shall indemnify the Town for all costs, expenses and claims made upon it, liability or otherwise.
19. The Board reserves the right to alter, amend and/or modify this policy at their discretion.
Click here for Town Common Use, Applications
Last Updated on Thursday, 09 April 2015 08:43