Bulk Item Disposal
How do I drop off a bulky item?
Residents must have a yellow Compost Facility Resident Sticker to enter the facility. To obtain a sticker please bring your vehicle registration to the DPW office Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. There is no cost for the sticker and it does not expire.
- The facility is open every Saturday year-round from 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Residents are limited to three (3) bulky items per week.
- An additional attendant is on-site to monitor the disposal of items.
- A dumpster is available for most items. Metals and white goods (appliances) are diverted to a separate area.
How to Schedule a Pickup?
Purchase a sticker ($25.00 cash only) at the Town Hall payment window (Treasurer's Office) for each item to be picked up.
Residents are limited to three (3) bulky items per week.
White goods (appliances), TV's, computer monitors and metal items are picked up on Fridays. All other bulky items are picked up on Mondays.
Contact the DPW (7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) at 781-762-1413 to request the pickup. Calls received by noon on Thursday (for Friday's pickup) or noon on Friday (for Monday's pickup) will be scheduled for the next pickup day.
Place the stickered item(s) curbside prior to your scheduled pickup date.
- Condominium complexes ARE NOT eligible for curbside pickup of bulky items.
What types of items can be disposed?
Items such as mattresses, couches, bureaus and bicycles are considered 'bulky' items. Trash bags or boxes filled with materials are not considered 'bulky' and are not eligible for either curbside pickup or disposal at the Winter Street facility. Bulk Item Disposal List