Public Records Request
Public Records Requests
The Massachusetts Public Records Law provides a means for access to public documents and other information. In the absence of an extension of time from the Secretary of State, the Town of Norwood must produce copies of records, allow for inspection of the records, or notification of a denial within 10 business days. You may request documents through the Records Access Officer to assist in obtaining the documents. You may submit your request via e-mail, U.S. mail or in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, 2nd Floor, Room 32, Town Hall, 566 Washington Street.
How to Submit a Request
To submit your request via e-mail send your request to email@example.com
To submit your request via U. S. mail please your request to:
Town Clerk’s Office Public Records Law - Effective 1/1/2017
Town of Norwood
566 Washington Street Public Records Regulations - Effective 1/1/2017
Norwood, MA 02062
When making your request, please remember:
- Be as specific as possible about the documents you are seeking.
- Give a start date and end date for your search.
- All responses will be electronic unless other arrangements are made.
- The Town of Norwood may charge a reasonable fee in some cases.
The Town may charge fees as follows:
- If a request will take more than two (2) hours, the Town may charge a reasonable fee, up to $25 per hour (in excess of the initial 2 hours) to collect, segregate and redact the documents, if necessary.
- The Town is permitted to charge $.05 per copy, or for the cost of a portable storage device.
- The Town will require payment before fulfilling a request.