How to program your remote control to work with your TV:
1. Find the list of the manufacturer's codes/numbers for your brand of TV. (These can be found in the booklet that came with the cable remote provided by Norwood Light or online at www.urcsupport.com.)
2. Manually turn your TV on or turn your TV on with the remote that came with your TV.
3. With the remote provided to you by Norwood Light, press the TV button on the remote control once.
4. Press and hold the SETUP button until the TV button on the remote blinks twice.
5. Enter the 4-digit code from the booklet and you will see the TV button on the remote blink twice.
6. Press the volume up button several times.
If the TV volume adjusts then you used the correct code. If the volume does not adjust repeat the steps above using the next code until you find the correct one.**
1. Turn both the TV and cable box on.
2. Press the CBL button on the remote control.
3. Press and hold the SETUP button until CBL blinks twice, then release.
4. Enter 9 9 5 and press PWR button.
5. Press TV button then press PWR button.
6. Press CBL button, then press PWR button.
7. Press CBL.
8. Press and hold SETUP button until CBL button blinks twice.
9. To verify the remote was programmed properly, point the remote toward the TV and cable box and press power once, leaving the remote pointed toward the TV and cable box until both shut off.
10. If the TV and cable box shut off, you have properly programmed the remote. If one or both did not shut off repeat the steps.
**Not all TV brands are compatible with the Norwood Light remote control.
How to Auto-Program your TV:
As of August 11, 2016 you will need to auto-program or auto-search to program Basic and Expanded on Demand channels in a digital format.
To auto-program your TV follow the procedures below or check your Owner's Manual:
- Access the TV set menu from your television's remote control.
- Go to the "Channel" or "Set-Up" menu.
- Select the "Auto Program" or "Channel Scan" feature.
- Choose the "Cable" setting (not antenna or air).
- If asked, select the "STD" or standard setting (not HRC).
- Start the scan. (This may take anywhere from 10-30 minutes.)
If your TV is a flat screen and has a Quam tuner you probably do not need a cable box. (Check the Owner's Manual to determine whether or not you have a Quam tuner.) If your TV is not a flat screen TV then you do need a cable box.