Energy Saving/Safety Tips
1. Turn off lights when not needed.
2. Remove unneeded light bulbs.
3. Lower your heat settings.
4. Adjust your air conditioning settings.
5. Replace bulbs with lower wattage or more efficient types.
6. Reduce heating and air conditioning during unoccupied hours.
7. Have your heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems serviced and adjusted.
8. Turn off appliances and equipment when not needed.
9. Tighten up window and door frames. Repair, replace or install weather-stripping.
10. Add building insulation.
11. Cover window air conditioners in cold weather.
For specific questions regarding energy conservation or to schedule a free energy audit please contact Energy New England (ENE) at 888-772-4242. The free audit consists of a certified Energy Advisor who will visit your home and compile a comprehensive energy evaluation report. This report will identify ways to enhance both the energy efficiency and comfort of your home and potentially reduce energy costs.