- Train Town of Norwood employees, Norwood School District teachers, and Primary Care Physicians in Mental Health First Aid to increase their capacity to respond to the mental health needs in the community.
- Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training course offered by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing that teaches participants about mental health, the impact of early intervention, how to recognize early signs and worsening signs of a mental health challenge, how to identify signs of a mental health crisis and how to employ de-escalation techniques when needed.
- Increase knowledge of mental health and increase awareness of resources available to residents with a mental health illness, families of someone with a mental health illness, and to the general public.
- Directory of Mental Health Services in Norwood and Beyond
- Mental Health Handbook (coming soon)
- Social Marketing Campaign (coming soon)
- Reduce the number of Norwood students and residents experiencing poor mental health
Mental Health in the News
- JGPR - Norwood Health Department Awarded Mental Health Awareness Training Grant from Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration https://jgpr.net/2021/11/03/norwood-health-department-awarded-mental-health-awareness-training-grant-from-substance-abuse-and-mental-health-services-administration/
- Norwood Patch - Norwood Mental Health Awareness Training Program https://patch.com/massachusetts/norwood/golightly-heads-norwood-mental-health-awareness-training-program
- SAMHSA - The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recently announced the dialing code that Congress designated to operate through the existing National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 988, will become active as of July 16, 2022. https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/988
- JGPR - Norwood Health Department Increasing Awareness of Mental Health & Illness Through Mental Health Matters Campaign https://jgpr.net/2022/07/21/norwood-health-department-increasing-awareness-of-mental-health-illness-through-mental-health-matters-campaign/
If you have questions, please contact:
Francesca Golightly, MPH, CHES
Program Director, Mental Health Awareness Training
Town of Norwood, Health Department